58671 22-23 TUNDRA/23 SEQUOIA FRONT 2.5 EXP COILOVER
22-23 TUNDRA/23 SEQUOIA FRONT 2.5 EXP COILOVER
The 2022-2023 Toyota Tundra/2023 Toyota Sequoia EXP Series front shock absorbers by ICON Vehicle Dynamics combine the performance of a fully rebuildable 2.5-inch diameter premium shock absorber with the convenience and cost-benefits of re-using the truck’s factory coil spring and other components. EXP bridges the gap between spacer lifts and threaded bodied coilovers, providing suspension lift, custom-tuned performance and maximum travel, all in an...
22-23 TUNDRA/23 SEQUOIA FRONT 2.5 EXP COILOVER
The 2022-2023 Toyota Tundra/2023 Toyota Sequoia EXP Series front shock absorbers by ICON Vehicle Dynamics combine the performance of a fully rebuildable 2.5-inch diameter premium shock absorber with the convenience and cost-benefits of re-using the truck’s factory coil spring and other components. EXP bridges the gap between spacer lifts and threaded bodied coilovers, providing suspension lift, custom-tuned performance and maximum travel, all in an economical package. EXP Series is based on ICON’s proven 2.5-inch diameter Aluminum Series shock absorber, featuring a one-piece impact-extruded aluminum shock body. Hard anodizing provides a great-looking, consistent finish with superior resistance to abrasion and corrosion. The massive 7/8-inch diameter shaft is induction hardened and chrome plated. EXP shocks use the factory shaft-up orientation, with the shaft ends machined to re-use the Tundra’s OE upper shock and spring mounts. The 6061-billet aluminum coil spring seat is CNC machined to fit the molded heavy duty urethane coil spring seat that is specifically designed to fit the vehicle’s OE coil spring. A series of snap-ring grooves machined into the shock body provide easily-selectable front-end ride height adjustment from 0" to 3” of lift over stock. EXP Series shocks utilize a one-piece digressive piston design and are custom tuned for the Tundra/Sequoia in conjunction with their stock front coil springs to maximize damping performance and provide unsurpassed ride quality, on and off-road. The increased piston size and shock oil volume provided by the 2.5-inch diameter aluminum body also provide superior heat dissipation compared to the smaller, steel bodied OE shocks, resulting in longer-lasting shock performance over prolonged use at higher speeds and through rougher terrain. For those who would like to further tune their suspension, EXP shocks are fully re-valvable (and rebuildable) by any qualified shock technician, with parts available from ICON.
Features & Benefits
- Vehicle specific design for 2022-2023 Toyota Tundra and 2023 Sequoia
- Vehicle specific tuned for superior shock damping and control
- 2.5 Aluminum Series Shock with Internal Reservoir
- Adjustable ride heights from 0-3” of front lift over stock with the use of snap ring
- Utilizes factory coil and coil hardware
- Inverted shaft up design featuring 7/8” diameter, induction hardened, chrome plated shaft
- Impact extruded, hard anodized aluminum cylinder offers excellent corrosion resistance and consistent finish
- CNC machined 6061 aluminum components with a black anodized finish
- PTFE lined spherical bearing for extended longevity and minimal deflection
- Fully rebuildable and re-tunable
- Need to Purchase 2 per truck
- OEM Wheels & Tires Fitment: Yes
- Recommended Aftermarket Wheels: ICON Alloys - 17x8.5" w/ 5.75” Backspace / 25mm Offset
- Recommended Aftermarket Wheels: ICON Alloys - 18x9" w/ 6” Backspace / 25mm Offset
- Recommended Aftermarket Tires: 35" x 12.50" (Minor fender trimming and modifications may be required)
- APPLICATION NOTE #55: Shocks Are Fully Serviceable. Lift Heights Indicated Are For A Stock Equipped Vehicle.
- APPLICATION NOTE #85: Advertised Lift Height Ranges Are For A Stock Equipped Vehicle. Increasing Weight Of Vehicle Due To Accessories Will Alter Lift Range.
- APPLICATION NOTE #144: Not Compatible With Trd Pro
- APPLICATION NOTE #148: ICON Does Not Recommend Lifting Above 2.25" (Tundra)/3.75" (Sequoia) Without An ICON Upper Control Arm, Failure To Do So Can Result In Improper Wheel Alignment And Cause Damage To Front Axles On 4Wd Models
- APPLICATION NOTE #149: For 4Wd Models Without Trd Off-Road Package ICON Recommends Using ICON Diff Drop (Part# 55156) Or Using Toyota Trd Axles (Part# 434200C020 Driver / 434100C020 Pass). Failure To Do So Could Result In Front Axle Damage. Not Required For Trd Pro.
- TECH NOTE: If upgrading a vehicle equipped with Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) all other vehicle systems remain functional
- TECH NOTE: Tundra lift heights above 2.25” require sway bar drop bracket kit part number 55154. Required for all lift heights on Sequoia.
- TECH NOTE: Tundra SR5 equipped with TRD Sport packages will have lift height range of 1-4” over stock
- TECH NOTE: Most Sequoia sub-models will have front lift height range of 0-2.13” over stock
- TECH NOTE: EXP Coilovers are sold individually. A quantity of 2 are required per vehicle.
- Need to Purchase (2) per Truck