Have Questions? | Habe Fragen?
Amp tire warranty
Thank you for purchasing AMP brand tire(s).
This warranty applies to the original purchaser of an AMP TIRES Terrain Gripper A/T light truck tire(thereinafter AMP A/T) and is not transferable. Eligible tires must be purchased new and must be used on the vehicle which they were originally installed. Additionally, they...
Thank you for purchasing AMP brand tire(s).
This warranty applies to the original purchaser of an AMP TIRES Terrain Gripper A/T light truck tire(thereinafter AMP A/T) and is not transferable. Eligible tires must be purchased new and must be used on the vehicle which they were originally installed. Additionally, they must be an equivalent or greater load index to that specified by the vehicle manufacturer.
All purchases of AMP A/T tires must register their purchase within 30 days from the original purchase date, failure to register your AMP A/T tires purchase within 30 days will null and void the terms in This Limited Warranty. Each purchased receipt of AMP A/T Tires must register their purchase to validate the AMP Tires Limited Warranty.
This Limited Warranty covers all AMP A/T Tires purchased and used within the United States and Canada.
You are eligible for this Limited Warranty if:
- You are the orginal purchaser of the tire.
- The tire was purchased after December 2015
- The tires were used on the vehicle on which they were originally installed.
- The tires are of the correct size, load, and speed rating for the make and type of the vehicle.
- You properly maintained and used the tire.
- THe tires are not subject to exclusion(see “Tires Not Covered” section).
- The total mielage travelled does not exceed 40,000 miles.
WORKMANSHIP AND MATERIALS
AMP Tires warrants all eligible tires against defects in workmanship and materials. Upon examination of an eligible tire, if AMP Tires determines that the tire(s) is not serviceable due to a condition covered by this Workmanship and Materials Limited Warranty, it will be replaced with a comparable new AMP A/T Tire as follows:
1. First 1/32” Worn: AMP Tires will replace, free of charge, any eligible tire that it determines to have uniformity issues (e.g., out-of-round, out-of-balance, or pulling) within the first 1/32” of tread use. You will be responsible for taxes and any other charges.
2. Any tire that does not deliver satisfactory service due to a balance, out of round or a ride complaint issue will be replaced within the first 2/32nds of the tire’s tread life. After the first 2/32nds the tire is not warrantable for the aforementioned conditions. You will be responsible for taxes and any other charges.
3. AMP Tires will replace any eligible tire with a defect in materials and workmanship not covered by paragraph 1 or 2 (i.e. broken belts, tread separation, etc), when the original usable tread is worn by less than 25%, and within 60 months from the date of purchase. If you cannot provide a copy of the original sales invoice, Tire Installation Information or the Tire Service Record the tire is not warrantable. You will be responsible for taxes and any other charges.
The original usable tread is determined by measuring the depth on the tread of a new tire to the top of the tread wear indicator bars (note: the depth of the original usable tread will vary by tire size and model).
Vehicles with staggered fitments (i.e., where the front and rear tires are of a different size) cannot be rotated. Therefore, AMP Tires warrants tires mounted on the rear axle of vehicles with staggered fitments only up to 50% of the warranted miles under the standard AMP Tires tread wear warranty.
To qualify for this tread wear Limited Warranty, the tire must meet all of the following conditions:
- Is driven no more than 40,000 miles as specified on www.amp-tires.com under “Tires”.
- Is properly serviced and maintained, with periodic rotation, all evidenced by acceptable service records
- Tread is evenly worn down to the top of the tread wear indicator bars.
- Was installed no more than 3 months from the date of purchase.
- Has been used on road surfaces for which the tire is designed.
- Has not been used for commercial service.
- Original proof of purchase with installation miles.
TIRES NOT COVERED
The Limited Warranty does not cover the following:
Replacement of tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) parts or components.
Tire damage due to road hazards (not limited to cuts, snags, bruises, impact breaks, bulges, punctures, stone drills, chips, and scales), fire, theft, or collision.
Conditions arising from improper tire/vehicle maintenance or use, not limited to:
- Irregular or excessive tread wear due to: Incorrect inflation; overloading; vehicle misalignment; tire mixing; failure to rotate tires; and poor or defective mechanical condition to brakes, shocks, and wheels; or other factors attributable to the vehicle or wheel.
- Any tire which has been run with low air pressure or while flat.
- Tires submitted for a mileage adjustment that have worn out unevenly and/ or show a difference of 2/32” between major tread grooves or between the front and rear sets.
- Damage due to abuse; vandalism; tire alteration; tire spinning; extreme temperature exposure; police pursuit service; racing; or other competitive activities.
- Damage, corrosion, or deterioration from using oil-based chemicals, water-based sealers, balancing substances, or flammable gases.
- Damage from improper use of tire chains.
- Damage on studded tires from installation of studs of an improper size.
- Damage from improper storage, tires must be installed within 3 months of the date of purchase
- Tires with the DOT identification number removed or rendered illegible.
- Incorrect size, load and speed rating for the make and type of vehicle.
- Passenger tires used on pick-up trucks with slide-in camper
Improper mounting, balancing, or repair, not limited to:
- Improper tire mounting, tire/wheel assembly imbalance.
- Damage from incorrect mounting or dismounting of the tire, incorrect wheel size, water or other material trapped inside the tire during mounting, or failure to keep the tires balanced.
- Damage resulting from improper repair materials or procedures.
- Multiple repairs within a 90° repairable area of the tread;
- Tires with more than two repairs in the repairable area of the tread.
- Tires with any repair or puncture outside the repairable tread area, or on the sidewall of the tire. Failure to meet conditions of the Limited Warranty, not limited to:
- Any tire for which mileage and tire rotation records are not available or verifiable. • Any tire not presented and available for AMP Tires inspection.
- Any tires worn beyond the tread wear indicators (less than 2/32” of remaining tread). • Uniformity issues after the first 1/32” of tread wear.
- Claims of weather or ozone cracking after three years from the date of manufacture, and any claims of cosmetic weather or ozone cracking at any time.
- Tires supplied as original equipment on new vehicles and retreaded tires and tires purchased used.
- AMP Tires that are imported and sold through unauthorized channels or that are not marketed and sold by AMP Tires within the United States.
To make a claim under this Limited Warranty, you must:
- Present your vehicle with the subject tires, registered your AMP Tires purchase through our website www.amptires.com, and the original sales invoice, from an authorized AMP Tires dealer.
- Present the completed Tire Installation Information and Tire Service Record sections. For tread wear mileage warranty consideration, the Tire Service Record must show the times and places that the tire rotations were performed. Follow the rotation interval from your vehicle AMP Tires recommends rotations at 3,500 miles or less for high performance tires with a speed rating of V or higher or 7,500 mile intervals or less for standard passenger and light truck tires.
- If you purchased the tire from an internet or mail order merchant, you will need to submit your claim, together with the dismounted tire, to that merchant. You are responsible for all of the costs of dismounting and shipping.
Your claim will be administered in accordance with the Limited Warranty that was in effect when you purchased the tires.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights; you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
AMP TIRES DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (e.g., loss of time, loss of use of vehicle, towing charges, road services, inconveniences, etc.).
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusions may not apply to you.
No one (including an AMP Tires employee, representative, or dealer) has the authority to vary the terms of this Limited Warranty.
AMP Tires does not warrant any work performed by the dealer, including, but not limited to, their selection, fitment, mounting and balancing, inspection, or repair of any tire.
As part of the claim process under this warranty, the consumer must always make the subject tire available for physical inspection by AMP Tires.
AMP Tires reserves the right to the final inspection decision for all eligible tires under this Limited Warranty with regard to conditions listed in “Tires Not Covered”.
If you need assistance, please contact your authorized AMP Tires dealer.
To locate an authorized AMP Tires dealer, use our dealer locator at www.amp-tires.com, or contact AMP Customer Service at:
18400 Gale Ave
City of Industry, CA 91748
Toll Free: 866-894-3351
Available: 8am-5pm (EST/PST)